Real 3.0




Lately, I have tried to engage people in civil adult conversations about politics. What I have found, is that when responding to some people's ideas, opinions, and thoughts is that it doesn't take long to find that they don't have as much substance to those thoughts as I would've imagined. It is possible that whatever substance does exist, they are not willing to openly discuss it.




I can say that is one advantage to the internet and social media. It isn't going to be forever taken over by these personalities forever. People who are ashamed or afraid to express their own true personal beliefs don't interest me nearly as much as those who can and do.




I have a sense of pride in my approach to honesty and integrity. I have had very few people that have openly complimented on me for being so and a lot more that have caught the blunt and more abrasive side of it. I do have flaws that I'm embarrassed to speak about but, I feel like I do so often enough to keep a decent balance.

I have had my share of run-ins with the more unsavory internet classes, I didn't handle them nearly as well as I would have liked to but, in the end, I am better for having done so. They are documented, for my own purposes, and they serve as a reminder of what I want the internet to become for those who use it to the full extent.

I'm fully aware the internet isn't mine, just like America isn't mine. I play a small part within the system. It is as equally important as anyone else's part. The best I can do with it is whatever I feel best serves the internet as a whole. Being myself, for better or worse.







Comments