Real 2.0

What is being real on the internet? I define it as being your true self online for all others to see you for who you really are. No photo filters, no extreme primping for the camera, no borrowed clothes, no false information, just showing who you are with no extras.



This is why I think people are afraid to be real. They are unhappy with themselves to one degree or another. They lack the self-confidence and/or personal bravery needed to stand up and be proud of who and what they really are in front of others.

Flaws exist in every human being and everyone should know that but, it doesn't seem to be the way that most people go about their day to day functions.

The idea of someone not showing their face on a dating site or app is the primary reaction. Surely these people don't hide their face when they go to work or in any other public setting. Why do it while looking for a date then? It isn't going to do anything more for them than to force potential dates to evaluate how important physical looks are to them. In the case that both parties are hiding their faces, I can see that as a scenario where it may work out.



I'll admit that I am a pretty shallow person. I have to have some degree of physical attraction to the person for me to talk to them about going on a date. I say this but, I don't have absurdly high standards and I don't go for only certain types. I live with family, who am I to judge so harshly?

There is a balance that has to be achieved and I think that the concept of "Catfishing" is not as prevalent anymore but, it has simply morphed into shying away and placing people at an obvious disadvantage.

What if someone developed a dating app or site that was blind date style? You put in the usual criteria and just leave the photo off. I wonder...




SERIOUS NOTE: If anyone reading this is the type of person that doesn't show their face in their dating profile(s), please contact me.


Comments