Online Gaming

One of the best/worst features since the advent of the World Wide Web is online gaming. As I've recently announced I won't be spending nearly as much time on Facebook, this frees up even more time for me to research, write, and work on other projects.

The subject of online gaming and video games, in general, is one I've thought about adding to
@nti-social for a long time. What better time than now? 




Who am I to talk about online gaming and video games?

I grew up on the Atari 2600 and the Original NES (Nintendo Entertainment System). My family and I have owned several other gaming systems, and I have over 30-years of experience playing video games.

What do I hope to accomplish with discussing video games and gaming culture?

A lot. Ever since I heard about YouTube, I wanted to start a channel, and when I heard about Twitch.tv, I thought about doing live streams. 




I can't tell you how many times I've heard my parents say, "You can't pay your bills by playing video games.", or, "If you worked on yourself half as hard as you play those games, there's no telling what you could do.", why not do both? Playing video games for a living by building onto the video game community sounds like a great idea to me. 

The video game industry isn't booming, but it is evolving and trending in a lot of different directions for many different reasons. Using @nti-social as a platform to build on to my projects and expand on to what I'm trying to create feels like the right thing for me to do.

Along with writing, playing video games has been a passion of mine since I can remember. I've grown up throughout the years, alongside the video game industry, and it's time to leave my own mark on an industry responsible for having an incredible impact on my life.

Comments