Refresh



My relationship with Reddit is on a rebound of sorts. I continue to visit the site but, I do not visit the subreddits unwilling to do right by me, as a user.

I feel it necessary to point out the userbase of Reddit still has what people in "my neck of the woods" would call a "Good Ol' Boys Club" mentality.

After reading about WebMD having a lot of issues with their userbase, I came up with an idea and submitted it.

The idea was to have an AMA (Ask Me Anything) style subreddit, where Redditors ask questions to the medical community (provided they show proof), and the doctors would offer advice back to the Redditor.

The idea was not well received but, it had no actual written challenges to the idea. I was a little upset the idea itself didn't take, but more so by the fact, nobody expressed their reason as to why they didn't like the idea. Another victim of "drive-by opinionated Redditors" I suppose.

Then, within 48 hours after submitting my idea, I found a number of articles reporting Alexa, the Amazon AI/Virtual Assistant would be able to answer questions about suicide among other home health care offerings.

No, seriously.

The Wall Street Journal (Subscription Required for the Full Article)

CNBC - CNBC (2) - CNBC (3) - Modern Health Care - USA Today - Healthcare IT News

The internet is full of so many things. Things even after twenty years are still left undiscovered or unseen, one thing I've learned in the short amount of time I've spent with StumbleUpon.


My problems with Reddit are subsiding only to be replaced by new issues and it begs the question as to why this platform even exists in the first place.

An amazing idea, arguably already in development way before I even thought of it, being shot down by one other Redditor's trigger-happy downvote finger.

True madness in virtual form.