Twitter Highlights 2.0/2018




February was a great month for me on Twitter.

I absolutely destroyed my monthly goal of 14K organic impressions by 154K...

This is not a typo, I received a total of 168K organic impressions during the month of February.

Not too bad for a guy who lives in a town with a population of 14K.

I'll explain how I accomplished this, but first, this calls for a small disclaimer.

I try to keep "@nti-social" as politically neutral as possible. For many different reasons.


One, I already have a political blog project titled, "The Leftovers". Two, politics is often a messy subject and I like to keep things sharp and more streamlined here. Three, not everybody is as passionate about politics as I am and it tends to turn people off. Four, I don't need to fuel the flames already burning brightly all over the internet with even more political commentary.

With all this being said, the main reason I easily achieved and surpassed my goal is due to the fact, GOP strategist Rick Wilson retweeted a humorous political jab of mine. 


If you're familiar with the recent unveiling of the portrait paintings of the Obamas, then you'll notice Mr. Wilson, does not give one single f**k when it comes to partisan political ideologies of either variety.

Mr. Wilson took his own jab at Jared Kushner and the fact Mr. Kushner recently had his security clearance knocked down a peg. I merely chimed in.

My reply earned almost 72K organic impressions alone.

Sometimes, replying to a relevant statement with a joke can work.

The mass shooting in Parkland, Florida was, of course, a huge topic of discussion on Twitter.

There is a myriad of misconceptions about the subject of gun control and one video stood out as the best answer to a lot of people's questions.

I honestly lost count of how many times I tweeted this video over the entirety of February.

I gained an abundance of Twitter momentum in February, I look forward to keeping the ball rolling.

Don't forget, if you're interested in seeing more of my blog and writing projects, follow me

Comments