Update 2.0

I'm finding it difficult in growing my overall base of followers for my blog projects.

I haven't spent any money on boosting, promoting, or hosting. At this point in time, everything has to be done for free. 

Setting new goals for 2018 seems to be the next logical step.

Currently, I have social media accounts with Discord, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter. 

Discord is difficult to use for promotion, as it's meant more for connecting and voice chatting with already established contacts. I'm a member of several different servers but, most of them are not related to blogging or writing. 

I do have permission to promote a few of my blog projects through select servers. 

I would like to establish at least one steady traffic source from a Discord server by the end of the year.



Facebook is currently my primary traffic source. The amount of potential reach with Facebook is still unmatched. My family and friends, not surprisingly, have been the most supportive group so far. My Facebook page is doing well but, seems to be sluggish in growth since the first few months after initially creating it. I've heard there are algorithms, which, act as gatekeepers to larger audiences and can only be overcome by spending money on official Facebook advertisements.

I would like to finish setting up AdSense by the end of May 2018 and determine if there will be enough finances on a regular basis to buy into boosting and promoting on Facebook. 

If AdSense doesn't start to show signs of life, I'll start exercising other options starting this Summer.

Reddit is a decent source of traffic when I find matching posts for promotion. 

I would like to continue on becoming a better Redditor and increase traffic through promotions on related subreddits.



Twitter is becoming a great platform for increased organic impressions. I'm getting better at figuring out what does and does not work for individual tweets. The goal I achieved before the New Year helped greatly in determining my direction in relation to building a larger audience with Twitter. 

Using the goal I set late last year as a template, I would like to use Twitter to reach 175,000 organic impressions during 2018.


This year is going to be filled with new content across all of my blog projects. I'm really looking forward to this year and I hope you all are as well. 

Thanks for your support and looking forward to more of, "@nti-social"! 

Comments